Marquette University's renowned faculty-scholars work to advance their fields and improve the world around us. Faculty edit a number of scholarly journals and frequently collaborate with academic partners around the world. Marquette is also home to more than 20 academic centers and institutes.
- Research Highlights
- Marquette's overall research award volume in fiscal year 2010 reached a record high in the university's history, with faculty receiving more than $28 million in award dollars. Federal research award dollars increased by 81 percent, and the average award size rose by 45 percent.
- Marquette continues to play a strong role in the Clinical and Translational Science Institute of Southeastern Wisconsin, a collaborative effort between eight major institutions that is supported by a $20 million grant from the National Institutes of Health.
- The university supports research through several programs: three-year Way Klingler fellowships, sabbaticals for junior faculty and the Lawrence G. Haggerty Faculty Award for Research Excellence.
- Marquette faculty edit a number of scholarly journals, from the Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy to the International Journal of Systematic Theology.
- The Department of Special Collections and University Archives houses more than 17,000 cubic feet of archival material and 11,000 volumes, including approximately 7,000 titles within the rare book collection. The J.R.R. Tolkien Collection features many of the authorís original manuscripts, including The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
- Center for Dispute Resolution
- Center for Global and Economic Studies
- Hartman Literacy and Learning Center
- Center for Materials Science and Technology
- Center for Peacemaking
- Center for Real Estate
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- Center for Transnational Justice
- Center for Water Quality
- Integrative Neuroscience Research Center
- Kohler Center for Entrepreneurship
- Les Aspin Center for Government
- Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Engineering Center
- Thermofluid Science and Energy Research Center
- Transportation Research Center
- Center for Intelligent Systems Controls and Signal Processing
- Center for Mass Media Research
- Center for Supply Chain Management
- Wisconsin Geriatric Education Center
- $8.3 million gift to College of Communication to support three journalist fellows
- Marquette, United Community Center receive $1.5 million federal grant for ongoing minority youth health project
- Marquette University professional in residence awarded Nohl Fellowship
The PEERS Project at Marquette University: Clay's Story
Online Experts Directory
Marquette experts can offer expertise and insights on hundreds of topics by helping you over the phone, sitting down for an interview or providing background to give a story more context.