- Apply Today
- Master's and Doctoral Programs
- Application Instructions
- Request Information
- Contact the Graduate School
- Schedule a Campus Visit
- Graduate Bulletin
- Graduate School Staff
- Contributing to the Graduate School
Periodontics Master's Program
The periodontal master's is completed in three years and requires direct patient care during the duration of the program. A student in the periodontics program must complete a minimum of 50 credit hours of course work, including 12 credit hours of clinical practice and six credit hours of thesis work. The remaining credits will be from courses assigned by the course director which are specific to periodontology.
Satisfactory completion of the didactic and clinical components of the program results in a specialty certificate through the Marquette University Graduate School.
Satisfactory completion of the research component of the programs results in a master’s degree through the Marquette University Graduate School. The master’s degree is required in order to receive the specialty certificate.
Visit the department web page for more detailed program information.
- Application Information
- Financial Aid
- Contact Us
August 1st for the program starting in June of the following year.
Apply through PASS
Applications are initially made through Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS) of the American Dental Education Association. A complete application is required for consideration.
Once accepted into the program through PASS, you will need to complete the additional application requirements listed below.
Read all application instructions prior to beginning an application
- A completed application form and fee online
- Official transcripts from all current and previous colleges/universities except Marquette
- Undergraduate and dental school grade-point averages, and class rank in dental school.
- Three letters of recommendation reflecting the applicant’s clinical and academic abilities.
- Scores from the National Board Dental Examinations, Part I and Part II. Not required from graduates of non-U.S./non-Canadian dental schools but recommended.
- A curriculum vitae and a personal statement.
- Registration with National Matching Service. The Periodontics program is part of the Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program.
- For international applicants only: a TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English proficiency.
Graduate Program Recruiter
phone: (414) 288-4792