The Marquette University Alumni Association Mentor Program launched Sept. 16 with more than 60 mentors, mentees and faculty partners. This year’s program includes alumni from 15 states who are matched with a current student based upon major and career interest.
Marquette University Alumni Association Mentor Program
2014-15 program mentor materials:
- Mentees, connect with your mentors to set your program goals
- Mentor/mentee agreement form
- Program timeline, important dates and contacts
- "Your Freshman Year in the Workplace" by Paul Hettich, Arts '61, Ph.D., DePaul University (PowerPoint PDF)
Questions With...Joe Miotke, Eng '95, Law '99
(Nicolas Schmidt, Eng '17, mentee)
1. This is the
second year you are serving in the MUAA Mentor Program. Why?
I had a tremendous experience last year and built a great relationship with my mentee. Moreover, the program is a great way for alumni to re-engage with the undergraduate program and provide meaningful service and assistance to the university.
2. What suggestions would you have for mentees?
Don’t be shy about reaching out to your mentor for advice and assistance. You will get out of the mentor/mentee relationship whatever you put into it.
3. What qualities do you look for and appreciate in the people you
work with or hire?
I look for a positive mindset, strong work ethic and willingness to collaborate.
In the News