Mentee Wyatt Massey, Arts '16, shares experience with mentor Dr. Michele Bria, Arts '90
"I went on a tour of Journey House with Dr. Bria to learn more about the organization and its mission. It was awesome to see the many working parts and understand more about all Dr. Bria is responsible for. While it was a tour, it had a very behind-the-scenes feel that allowed me to understand the complexity of non-profit work."
Marquette University Alumni Association Mentor Program
2014-15 program mentor materials:
- Mentees, connect with your mentors to set your program goals
- Mentor/mentee agreement form
- Program timeline, important dates and contacts
- "Your Freshman Year in the Workplace" by Paul Hettich, Arts '61, Ph.D., DePaul University (PowerPoint PDF)
Five Questions With...
Mentor Rob Panther, Arts '86
(Alek Druck, Arts '17, mentee)
1. What suggestions do you have for mentees?
Always ask questions. Don't feel like you are a bother when asking for advice.
2. If you’ve had a mentor, what’s one piece of advice that sticks with you every day?
Water will always find its right level. Don't worry about what everybody else is doing. Do your best and you'll get what you deserve.
3. Two things a Marquette student should do before they graduate?
Have dinner at the 4th Base or Five O'Clock Steakhouse. Bring your parents to pick up the check. Students should also spend a week or two on campus in the summer.
In the News