Students are not permitted to:
- Carry any weapons on university property except as expressly permitted by applicable State law.
- Openly carry any weapons on university property.
- Carry any weapons in any university building or leased space or at any university special event marked with signage specifying “Weapons are prohibited in this building.”
- Carry or store any weapon in a university owned or leased vehicle.
- Store any weapon in a personally owned vehicle on university property except in the vehicle’s glove compartment or trunk, or encased such that the existence of the weapon is concealed. Encased means completely zipped, snapped, buckled, tied, or otherwise fastened, with no part of the weapon exposed.
- Fail to lock a personally owned vehicle on university property that contains any weapon when the student is not present in the vehicle.
- Possess unloaded ammunition on university property.
- Imply possession of, threaten to use, display, brandish, use, or discharge a weapon on university property for any purpose or reason except lawful self-defense or lawful defense of others.
- Sell or serve alcohol on university property to any person whom the employee has reason to believe is carrying a concealed weapon.
- Fail to report timely to the university's Department of Public Safety the presence on university property of any person whom the student has reason to believe is in possession of or carrying a weapon in violation of university policy, unless doing so would subject the student to others to the threat of physical harm, or take other action in response to the presence of any person whom the student has reason to believe is in possession of or carrying a weapon in violation of university policy except for reporting the presence of the weapon to the university's Department of Public Safety.
Students are subject to proceedings under the student conduct process for any violations of these requirements.
DPS offers students the opportunity to store weapons in an off-campus location.