Office: 410 Lalumiere Hall
Phone: (414) 288-7914
Contact via e-mail
Assistant Professor; Marquette University, Department of Social and Cultural
Assistant Professor; University of California, Berkeley, Department of Sociology;
- PhD 2000. The University of Chicago, Department of Sociology.
• Dissertation: The Limits of Tolerance: Homosexuality and the Politics of Church.
- AM 1994. The University of Chicago, Department of Sociology.
• Thesis: “Insult and Inclusion: The Term Fag Hag and Gay Male
- AB 1991. The University of Chicago, The College.
• Honors in the College.
• Honors in the Collegiate Program in Sociology.
- God, Sex and Politics: Homosexuality and Everyday Theologies (University of Chicago
- Moon, Dawne. 2008. "It's Only Natural? Culture in the Sociology of Sexuality,"
Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science 619 (September): 183-
- Moon, Dawne. 2005. "Emotion Language and Social Power: Homosexuality
and Narratives of Pain in Church," Qualitative Sociology 28(4): 325-47.
- Moon, Dawne. 2005. "Discourse, Interaction, and the Making of Selves in the
US Protestant Dispute over Homosexuality," Theory and Society 34: 551-577.
Gamson, Joshua and
- Dawne Moon. 2004. "The Sociology of Sexualities: Queer
and Beyond," Annual Review of Sociology 30: 47-64.
- Messner, Michael A., Dawne Moon, Raka Ray, and Barrie Thorne. 2004.
"Roundtable: The Reconstitution of Gender in Contemporary Society," Berkeley
Journal of Sociology 48: 126-43.
- Moon, Dawne. 2003. "Gay Pain in Church," Contexts: Understanding People in
Their Social Worlds 2:1 (January 2003): 58-59.
- Moon, Dawne. 1995. "Insult and Inclusion: The Term Fag Hag and Gay Male
'Community,'" Social Forces 74 (2): 487-510.