- To sponsor a guest, a member/student must register his/her guest at least two hours in advance. This may be done in person or over the phone.
Helfaer Recreation Center - 414-288-6976
Rec Plex - 414-288-7778
- The sponsor must either be a current Marquette University student, or have a current Recreational Sports membership. Non-member alumni and non-member faculty/staff paying a daily fee to enter the building DO NOT have guest privileges. Upward Bound students DO NOT have guest privileges.
- The sponsor must have a current, valid membership ID card. The guest will also be required to show a current photo ID. Guest 14 or older must have a photo ID.
- When registering a guest in advance, the sponsor will need to provide the following information: date of visit, sponsorís name, membership ID number and guestís full first and last name.
- Any change in sponsor or guest name must be made no later than two hours in advance of the requested visit. Name changes at the door are not accepted.
- Each member is allowed to bring in no more than two guests per visit. Requests for more guests must be approved by the director or general manager. Members playing doubles tennis or handball/racquetball are allowed to bring in three guests. A guest cannot page a sponsor already in the building.
- A sponsor who is bringing a guest to play tennis or squash at the Helfaer Recreation Center should inform the Pro Shop of this fact when making a court reservation. The Pro Shop will inform the Main Office concerning the guest. A court reservation made for the same date that involves a guest will be considered a valid advance guest reservation.
- The sponsor must accompany the guest to the facility and stay with the guest during his/her visit. Guests that require disciplinary action may result in the sponsorís membership being suspended, revoked (no refund) or loss of guest privileges.
- Guest passes must be used at the time of purchase. Guest passes are void upon exiting the facility and may not be used for re-entry. No refunds.
- Guests cannot page or search the building for a sponsor already in the building.
- A guest may not check out equipment. The sponsor may check out equipment to be used by the guest.
- Children age 13 and under must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Members must be 14 or older in order to sponsor a guest. Their guest(s) must be 14 or older.
- Guests and members are not allowed to bring in their children unless they are registered as guests.
- The guest policy is a privilege, not a right.
- MU Student Guest: $3/visit
- MU Affiliate Guest: $6/visit
- Children 6-12 w/member: $2/visit
- Family*: $6/visit
*Family pass allows an ID holder to sponsor his/her immediate family (spouse and dependent children).
- Alumni*: $6/visit
- Faculty/Staff: $2/visit
*With valid alumni card; unsponsored guests do not have guest privileges.