Disclosure of crime statistics
The Department of Public Safety prepares this report in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act. This act requires colleges and universities to:
- Publish an annual report containing three years of crime statistics and certain campus security policy statements.
- Disclose crime statistics for campus, public areas immediately adjacent to campus and specific non-campus facilities. These statistics are gathered from campus security, local law enforcement and other university officials who have significant responsibility for student and campus activities.
- Provide campus safety alerts pertaining to crimes that have been committed and pose ongoing threats to students and employees.
- Disclose in a public campus crime log any reported crime occurring on campus or within the patrol boundaries of the campus police or campus security department.
- Publish fire safety statistics.
The Department of Public Safety maintains responsibility for preparing and distributing this report by October 1 of each year. The report is prepared in cooperation with other university departments and local law enforcement agencies.