Course List: Mathematical Reasoning
The following courses have been approved for inclusion in the university core of common studies. Unless noted as a dual application course, each course satisfies a three-credit-hour requirement in the knowledge area under which it is listed.
New courses are approved for the core of common studies each semester. Decisions about core credit for transfer courses, Advanced Placement courses, International Baccalaureate and CLEP are made by college designees in consultation with the director of the core of common studies.
Choose 3 credit hours from the following list:
- COSC 1000 Introduction to Computer Science
- MATH 1300 The Nature of Mathematics
- MATH 1390 Finite Mathematics
- MATH 1400 Elements of Calculus 1
- MATH 1410 Calculus for the Biological Sciences
- MATH 1450 Calculus 1
- MATH 1451 Calculus 2
- MATH 1700 Modern Elementary Statistics
- MATH 2030 Problem Solving and Reasoning for Teachers
- PRST 2140 Research and Statistical Methods
- PSYC 2001 Psychological Measurements and Statistics
- SOCI 2060 Social Statistics