Becoming a physician assistant requires academic rigor and exacting skills. Our program seeks applicants
with excellent academic backgrounds, along with strong interpersonal skills
and maturity. Prior health care experience is also an indicator of a career
commitment to clinical practice. The admission process considers
each applicant's strengths and selects those best qualified
to meet our program's mission.
MU PA Application Checklist
All electronic application materials must be received by CASPA no later than October 1.
- Submission of a completed application to the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) at www.caspaonline.org
- Completion of the MU Supplemental Application. The MU Supplemental Application should be submitted through CASPA as an "other" document in the program materials section. CASPA will not send your application materials to Marquette without completion of the MU Supplemental Application. Note: please save document prior to entering information, or you risk losing the data you entered
- Official copy of GRE scores sent to Marquette Physician Assistant Studies Program code 5872, for seniors and applicants who will have a Bachelor's Degree at the time of enrollment. The GRE should be taken by September 1 in order to make the October 1 application deadline.
- ACT and/or SAT scores, for applicants who currently attend Marquette University (if scores were submitted to undergraduate admissions at the time of applying to the University they do not need to be resent).
- Three letters of reference.
- $65 MU Supplemental Application fee (non-refundable) submitted through eventbrite here https://musupplementalfee.eventbrite.com or mailed to the address below. Applications completed and verified by CASPA will not be reviewed without the supplemental application fee.
Checks and money orders for the application fee should be made payable to Marquette University, Physician Assistant Studies and mailed to:
No updates can be submitted following the submission of the CASPA application. Applicants must apply to CASPA the same year they are seeking admission. The PA program does not accept any deferments.
- Academic preparation including total and science grade point averages and science quality points
(an assessment of quantity and performance in science coursework)
- Motivation, maturity, ability to work with people and suitability
for clinical practice
- Minimum of 200 hours of patient contact and other health care experience. All hours must be submitted and documented on the CASPA application. Additional hours after submission will not be counted toward the total. (Note: health care shadowing does not count toward this requirement)
- Knowledge of the PA profession and its role in the health care system
- GRE for graduate applicants and seniors
- ACT/SAT scores for undergraduate applicants
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal interviews
The program currently admits 55 students per class consisting of a target class makeup of 27 +/- 5 being Marquette undergraduate students.
Immunization Requirements: The Physician Assistant program requires that students have health screening and immunizations according to current CDC recommendations for health professionals by the time they begin the program. See here.
*Note: We do not accept transfer of students from other Physician Assistant programs for advanced standing. These students must also meet all the admission requirements and complete the entire physician assistant curriculum if accepted. There are no opportunities for advanced placement.