Graduate Application Information
Applicants who will have a completed Bachelor's degree at the start of the Physician Assistant Program which includes current seniors.
We value the richness of educational experience that is gained from a diversity of educational backgrounds and work-related experience within a given admitted class.
The application process is competitive, and most accepted graduate applicants have a degree in the basic or biomedical sciences. Applicants holding advanced degrees are also welcome to apply.
- Minimum cumulative total GPA of 3.0 as calculated by CASPA
- GRE scores (Designated Institution code 5872) - It is recommended that applicants complete the GRE by September 1st. *Official scores must be received by the program by Oct. 1st.
- Completion of the following prerequisite coursework at time of application: *
Additional prerequisite coursework that may be in progress at time of application: *
- 2 semesters of biological sciences (biology)
- 1-2 semesters (minimum of 4 credits total) of inorganic (General) chemistry with lab
- 1 semester of biochemistry
- Must be at least 3 credits. Marquette University's College of Health Sciences offers BISC 3213 Biochemistry (4 credits). Please click here for the Marquette University undergraduate bulletin. If not taking the biochemistry course at Marquette, the course should contain similar content as BISC 3213 Biochemistry.
- **Please note: Course must be completed at a 4-year accredited institution. Courses from technical colleges or community colleges will not fulfill this pre-requisite
- 1 semester of social science (psychology recommended, AP credit accepted)
- 1 semester of statistics (AP credit accepted)
- 1 course in medical terminology
*It is highly recommended that the pre-requisite coursework is completed within the last 5 years and taken at a 4 year accredited institution. All prerequisite coursework must be completed with a grade of C or better. C- and CD are not satisfactory grades.
- Minimum of 200 hours of patient contact and other health care experience.
- The hours can be either volunteer or paid direct patient care. The minimum 200 hours must be completed at the time your application is submitted with a contact number of a supervisor or volunteer office for verification. Hours may include (but are not limited to): nursing assistant, EMT, volunteer patient care within a nursing home or hospital, radiology tech, phlebotomist. Healthcare shadowing hours do not count towards this requirement.
- 3 letters of recommendation are required (submitted via CASPA). Although there are no requirements as to the format or content of the three reference letters we require, we do have some suggestions as to who these references might come from.
An interview will be offered to select applicants.
- Someone who knows you academically. This would ideally be someone whose course you have taken and can comment on your preparation for the rigors of an intense professional academic program.
- Someone who knows your work ethic. This would ideally be from someone in the healthcare field with whom you have worked with, or worked for, and can comment on your work ethic, passion for healthcare, etc.
- Someone who knows you personally. This would ideally be from someone in the community who can comment on your character, your goals, etc.