What happens if I am unable to attend Preview?
All students are encouraged to attend if possible, but we understand that your schedule may not allow you to attend. Each year, about 60% of the incoming class attends Preview.
In the event that you miss Preview, you will receive two packets of information via mail, by early July.
The first packet will include:
- A welcome letter from the Interim Dean of Admissions: the letter includes information about course registration and selection, placement exams, enrollment times and the Undergraduate Bulletin
- Freshman Registration Guide: the official Marquette course advising and registration guide. You will need the registration guide and your CheckMarq username and password to register for classes
- Marquette Central Brochure: and information guide for your primary source for student enrollment and financial services
The second packet will be sent out in late June and will include:
- A letter from the Chair for the First Year Reading Steering Committee explaining the First Year Reading program and mandatory components
- The first year reading book, March: Book One by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin and Nate Powelland program bookmark
For more information about course registration and/or selection, please contact your college office. If you have questions about these specific mailings, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 414-288-7302