Get Involved

If you are an undergraduate senior, you may register for a 5000-level course if:
  • you have a B (3.000) or better average
  • your current program allows for involvement in graduate-level work
  • you have approval from the Graduate School

To register for a graduate course, please complete the Request for Permission to Enroll in a Graduate Course form (PDF) from the Graduate School.

You are responsible for securing the necessary signatures (including the course instructor, graduate department chairperson and dean of your undergraduate college or school), returning the completed form to the Graduate School and registering for the course via CheckMarq.

Undergraduates who intend to transfer credits to a graduate program must be graded according to Graduate School standards. Examples of courses that may transfer to a graduate program include:

  • graduate-level courses
  • upper-division (4000-level) courses that can carry graduate credit (as noted in the Schedule of Classes)

Courses may not be graded using the CR/NC option. Audit or S/U options are not allowed, unless that is the only grading option available for the course. Students are not eligible to receive CD or D grades.

For more information on transferring credits to a Marquette graduate program, see the Graduate Bulletin.



The Office of the Registrar is the official keeper of academic records including course registrations, grades, transcripts and diplomas.

Find information about...

Trouble finding something? Contact the Office of the Registrar