SOC Builder: Maintain Schedule of Classes
Navigation: Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Maintain Schedule of Classes
Basic data tab
- Class Section
- Associated Class Section
- Change or add instruction mode
- Change or add an Attribute (if applicable)
If this will be a combined section same day, time, instructor, and room delete all meetings tab information
- Facility ID. Enter only if your department assigns a restricted room(s). Also enter Online, SATBA (Study Abroad) and CP (Clinical Practicum).
- Review days and times. Adjust any multiple meeting patterns (rows).
- Adjust meeting dates to include specific dates if the course is not meeting every week.
- Add or change Free Format Topic (title) if Variable Title Course (limited to 30 characters)
- Check Print Topic on Transcript if Variable Title Course
- Add or change Instructor(s) including the Role and Access
- Add or change appropriate Room Characteristics
Enrollment control tab
- Requested Room Capacity. Do not touch unless the final enrollment is expected to be greater than the previous term’s final enrollment. The number entered here indicates what size room will be assigned, not the enrollment cap.
- Requested Room Capacity for combined sections should equal the total enrollment for all the sections combined.
- Adjust Enrollment Capacity as needed. Enrollment capacity should not exceed the requested room capacity.
- Adjust consent, if applicable
Adjust Class Associations
Navigation: Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Adjust Class Associations
Class associations tab
- Adjust number of units (credits), for variable credit courses only, as necessary
Class requisites tab
- Adjust section requisites (prerequisites that are only enforced for that specific section)
Combined sections table
Navigation: Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Combined Sections
Last updated 8/20/2008.