Foster an environment of continuous learning and organizational development that is responsive to the mission, vision, values, and strategic
initiatives of the Library and the University.
Raynor Memorial Libraries is committed to creating an environment of excellence in its organizational
functions in support of evolving user expectations and technological advancements and to remain a vital organization within the University. Organizational
development is a key component in ensuring the Libraries' capacity to respond to internal and external challenges and to sustain success over time. Continuous
training and development of staff are essential for organizational effectiveness.
- Assess and improve the Libraries' organizational structure and effectiveness
- Attract and retain diverse staff who embrace the mission, vision and values, and contribute to strategic initiatives of the Library and University
- Provide opportunities for staff to develop the skills and professional competencies necessary to employ best practices, explore experimental approaches
and leverage emerging technologies
2013 - 2014 Initiatives
- Assess staff training needs via an annual staff survey and departmental requests
- Host an assessment workshop
- Provide opportunities to support and promote diversity and civility
- Review internal communication channels
- Align library priorities with University's strategic initiatives