New campus computers are provided with Vista as the standard operating system. IT Services will not be upgrading campus computers with XP to the Vista operating system.
Features of Vista
- Vista has a new interface with transparent, animated windows, and a new Start menu. Use live thumbnail images of your open windows by moving your mouse over icons in the Taskbar to view the content of open Windows. Flip through open windows until you find the window you want.
- There is improved security in Vista, including file and data encryption with Bitlocker. Windows Defender helps you get and stay secure, protecting against spyware and viruses.
- New Search technology helps you find files and documents fast.
- Software gadgets on the sidebar display information, for example clocks, the weather and RSS feeds.
- Visit the Microsoft Windows Vista help and how to and review the features of Vista
- Download the Vista Quick Reference Guide (PDF)