This information is for users who have registered password recovery answers. If you have not registered these answers, please call the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799 to reset your password.
- If you have wireless mobile devices, set them to offline/airplane mode to temporarily disable network access.
This step will prevent these devices from locking your account as they attempt to connect to MU Wireless or eMarq with an outdated password.
- To reset your password, go to https://reset.mu.edu/. (This link opens in a new browser tab or window.)
Enter your username and click Next.
Note: If you get an "Access Denied" message, you may not have previously registered your password recovery answers. Please contact the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799.
- Verify your identity by answering two of your password recovery questions. Click Next.
Note: If you cannot recall your answers, please contact the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799.
- If you enter your answers correctly, you are prompted to choose your new password. Please note:
Enter your new password then re-enter your new password. Click Next.
- Your new password must be 8 characters long or more.
- It must include THREE of the following:
· UPPERCASE characters (A to Z)
· lowercase characters (a to z)
· Numbers 0 through 9
· Non-alphabet characters, for example !,$,#,%
- It must not include all or part of:
· your username
· your first name
· your last name
- If your new password was reset successfully, you will see the message "Success: Your password has been reset."
- Confirm the password reset by logging into the CheckMarq student information system or the eMarq email system.
- Reactivate network access on wireless mobile devices and update your password on mobile devices.
If you have further questions, please contact the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799.