NEW: Marquette University uses a registered phone number or secondary email address to reset forgotten or expired passwords.
This information is for current students, faculty and staff.
- To register for password recovery, go to https://pwdreg.mu.edu/. (This link opens in a new browser tab or window.) A "Microsoft Azure" web page appears.
Look for the green padlock and "Microsoft Corporation" label in the web browser address bar, signifying this is a valid and secure site, run by Marquette's partner, Microsoft.
Enter your Marquette email address (or click/tap your email address, if it appears) and click or tap Continue.
- A new Marquette University screen appears prompting you for your password. Enter your password and click or tap Sign in.
- Once you are logged in successfully, you will see the "Don't lose access to your account!" page. Note there is a time limit on this page. You need set up at least one method of recovering your password: Authentication Phone or Authentication Email.
Click or tap the Set it up now link for Authentication Phone, Authentication Email or set up both.
- A) If you choose Authentication Phone, you are prompted to provide your authentication phone number. From the drop-down menu, select your country or region. Then enter your phone number.
Choose text me or call me to verify your phone number.
If you selected text me, your phone will receive a Microsoft verification text with a multi-digit code. Enter that code in the text field provided on the web page and click or tap verify.
If you selected call me, you will receive an automated call. Press the pound key (the # symbol) to authorize your phone number.
B) If you choose Authentication Email, you are prompted to provide your authentication email. This email must be a non-Marquette email address. Enter your secondary email address and click or tap email me.
You are sent an email message with a verification code to your authentication email. Check your secondary email inbox and note the multi-digit code.
Enter the code in the text field that appears on the web page and click or tap verify.
If you entered the code correctly, your authentication email will be verified.
- You return to the "Don't lose access to your account!" page. Click or tap finish.
- The "Applications" page appears. In the upper right, your Marquette email address is displayed. Click or tap your Marquette email and select Sign out.
You have successfully registered your password recovery methods.
Learn more about resetting your password
Note: If you are having trouble registering your secondary email or phone number for password recovery,
please contact the IT Services Help Desk
at (414) 288-7799.