- I am a student and I don't have an e-mail account at Marquette. How do I get one?
- I am a new employee. How do I get my e-mail account?
- I already have a personal e-mail account. Why do I need eMarq?
- Can I use an e-mail program (e.g., Outlook) to access eMarq?
- What Web browser can I use with eMarq?
- How much space do I get on eMarq?
- For faculty and staff only: What if my mail-box size exceeds 3 gigabytes?
- What will my e-mail address be in eMarq?
- What is the difference between my e-mail address and my username?
- How do I send an e-mail to multiple recipients?
- Can I change my Marquette e-mail address?
- How do I change my eMarq password?
- Can I forward my eMarq e-mail to another e-mail account?
- I've forgotten my e-mail account username and password. How do I find out what they are?
- How can I set up an automatic reply for my e-mail account?
- Who do I contact for help with eMarq?
- Why is OWA grouping my messages?
- How do I turn off Conversation view in an OWA folder?
- How do I view messages in Conversation view in OWA?
- When I use OWA, how do I search across my entire mailbox rather than just search the current mailbox?
- What are Apps for Outlook and OWA and how do I manage them?
- How do I disable an app in Outlook, so it won't show up in my messages?
- What is the Bing Maps app?
- What is the Suggested Meetings app?
- What is the Action Items app?
- What is the Unsubscribe app?
- I am a student and I don't have an e-mail account at Marquette. How do I get one? (Top)
New students or transfer students receive a letter in the U.S. mail with details about eMarq e-mail address, username and password.
- I am a new Marquette employee. How do I get my Marquette e-mail account? (Top)
This is an automatic process. Once you are entered into the HR system the process automatically generates an e-mail account. Click here for more information.
- I already have a personal e-mail account. Why do I need eMarq? (Top)
While many students have personal e-mail addresses, some of these addresses change over the course of study at Marquette, making them difficult to track. Your Marquette e-mail address stays the same, but you can have an alias added for a preferred name. Stable e-mail addresses ensure that messages from faculty as well as important university announcements reach students. eMarq will serve as an official means of communication for the university community.
- Can I use an e-mail program (e.g., Outlook) to access eMarq? (Top)
You can access eMarq e-mail with any of the following e-mail programs:
What Web browser can I use with eMarq? (Top)
- Outlook for Windows or Mac
- Outlook Web App (OWA) via a Web browser
See which browsers are supported by Microsoft Exchange Server 2013.
How much space do I get on eMarq? (Top)
Students are allocated 2.5 gigabytes (GB) of storage on eMarq. A warning message will be sent when a student's account reaches 95% capacity. Faculty and staff are allocated 6 GB. A warning message will be sent when the account approaches this quota. Attachment size is 35 megabytes (MB).
For faculty and staff only: What if my mailbox size exceeds 6 gigabytes? (Top)
You will need to create personal folders on your local hard drive. You will be responsible for backing these up to a USB drive or optical media. PSTs will no longer be saved on the server. Learn about managing your quota. Download Instructions for Outlook 2013 (PDF) and refer to #10 in this document, Manage Folder Size.
What will my e-mail address be in eMarq? (Top)
Marquette e-mail addresses follow the format email@example.com. For example, under Marquette's e-mail addressing scheme John Smith's e-mail address will be firstname.lastname@example.org
If you and another Marquette student or employee have the same first and last names, IT Services will use your middle initial to provide unique addresses. For example, John J. Smith and John A. Smith's e-mail addresses would be email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the difference between my e-mail address and my username? (Top)
Your e-mail address is what people use to send e-mail messages to you. Your username (example: 23d4smithj) is a unique identifier that will enable you to login to eMarq and access your e-mail messages and calendar entries. Your username, coupled with your password (which should be kept secret) provide an additional level of security so that someone else cannot access your eMarq account.
How do I send an e-mail to multiple recipients? (Top)
When sending messages to multiple recipients, you must use a semicolon (not a comma) to separate the recipients.
Can I change my Marquette e-mail address? (Top)
Student e-mail addresses are based on the first and last name provided on the application for admission. Faculty and staff e-mail addresses are based on the first and last name from the employment application. Marquette allows users to request one email alias, if available, using a "preferred" first and/or last name if it differs from what was entered on the admission or employment application. If you have a first and/or last name you'd prefer to use as your email address:
How do I change my eMarq password? (Top)
If you know your current password, change your password in Outlook Web App.
If you forgot it and have registred your security answers, you can reset your password.
Can I forward my eMarq e-mail to another e-mail account? (Top)
Yes! Learn how to set a forward or remove a forward.
I've forgotten my e-mail account username and password. How do I find out what they are? (Top)
If you forgot your username and password, call the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799.
How can I set up an automatic reply for my e-mail account? (Top)
Set up automatic replies in Outlook or OWA.
Who do I contact for help with eMarq? (Top)
Please call the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799, or e-mail email@example.com
Why is OWA grouping my messages?
OWA provides the same conversation view and experience as Outlook : by default, messages are displayed in threads so that all the messages on a particular topic are grouped. No more searching for a previous message to check what the response is referring to. When a new message in a thread comes in, the whole thread gets moved chronologically to the date/time of the new message. Conversation view has its benefits and drawbacks, but if you don’t like it, you can turn it off. There is no global setting for all folders, set the view for each folder.
How do I turn off Conversation view in an OWA folder? (Top)
Click the "Sort by" down arrow.
Scroll down to conversations, and select off.
How do I view messages in Conversation view in OWA? (Top)
Click on the triangle to show messages in a thread, as shown below:
When I use OWA, how do I search across my entire mailbox rather than just search the current mailbox?
In OWA, you can search the current folder by clicking in the search bar and entering your search terms.
Once you have entered text in the search box,
the option to include the entire mailbox in the search shows up in the left pane. To widen the search beyond the current folder, check Entire mailbox on the left pane and press Enter on the keyboard or click the magnifying glass to get search results.
What are Apps for Outlook and OWA and how do I manage them?
Four Outlook apps are installed by default and enabled in OWA. Bing Maps, Suggested Meetings, Unsubscribe, and Action Items add tools that you can use. Learn more about managing apps in OWA.
How do I disable an app in Outlook, so it won't show up in my messages?
Click File > Manage Apps. This will take you to Outlook Web App.
Click the gear icon top right > Manage Apps.
Click the name of the app >Disable.
What is the Bing Maps app?
When you open an email that has a street address in it in Outlook or OWA, there will be a link at the top of the window. When you click on it, it will map the address in the body of the email.
What is the Suggested Meetings app?
A Suggested Meetings link will appear at the top of a message if the message includes a date and time. Clicking the link shows you a suggested meeting or prompts you to create a meeting at the date and time.
What is the Action Items app?
An Action Items link will appear at the top of a message if the email includes requests for action (e.g., "Please review the attached.") Clicking the link shows you suggested tasks that you can add to your Tasks in Outlook or OWA.
What is the Unsubscribe app?
An Unsubscribe link will appear at the top of a message if the email includes links for unsubscribing from receiving further emails. Clicking the link gives you the option to unsubscribe (if feasible) or to block the sender.
If you have any questions, please call the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.