Information Technology Services is organized into four areas (see also IT Services organizational chart
Office of the CIO (Chief Information Officer)
- Provides leadership and direction to Information Technology Services and the university for the operation and advancement of technology.
- Responsible for strategic planning, support for daily operational activities and financial management of information technology.
- Fosters new initiatives that position technology as a vital tool for student recruitment, student services, faculty and administrative support and administrative record keeping.
Project Management, Applications and Operations
- Project Management Runs the Project Management Office (PMO) responsible for project management methodologies, keeps projects on target and on budget; facilitates communication among team members and stakeholders.
- Applications Implements and maintains a wide array of software applications to support Marquette University.
- Data Management Administers Oracle and SQLServer databases, ensures the reliability and integrity of the data and provides application support for the MyJob applications.
- Systems Maintains and develops enterprise computing systems; oversees the operational aspects of central computing resources at Marquette.
- Help Desk Provides a single point of contact to IT Services; assists students, faculty and staff with computing and telecommunications questions and problems; escalates unresolved problems to appropriate IT Services staff.
- Technical Support Services Provides technical support for end-user desktop and office automation systems; resolves problems escalated from the Help Desk; maintains and supervises general purpose computer labs.
- Training and Documentation Provides technical training for faculty, administrators and staff. Creates documentation and training materials.
- Networks Maintains and develops network infrastructure as well as telephone switches, lines and instruments; coordinates voicemail, local and long-distance service and wireless cellular plans.
- Security Protects technology infrastructure from malicious activity; investigates security incidents.