First Day of Temporary Employee
- Have a workstation prepared for the temporary employee; include all necessary equipment.
- Welcome and take on tour of office. Introduce temporary employee to all department employees and show him/her key areas, such as bathrooms and break room.
- Notify Human Resources if the temp does not arrive on the first day or if the individual is not a good fit for the position.
- Spend time explaining the details of the job assignment. Provide basic information regarding office hours, lunch and break policies, security procedures and dress code as well as specific information regarding job responsibilities, tasks, office equipment and computer programs. Ask for questions immediately after discussion as well as throughout the day and assignment.
- Have the temporary employee make parking arrangements if necessary. This can be done at the parking office; the employee must register and pay on the first day. The fee for parking is $63/month; this amount can be broken down to match the length of the assignment. Some of our temporary agencies do reimburse the temporary employee for parking; HR will notify you if parking is reimbursed. If not, it is the department's responsibility to pay for parking. Please provide a completed internal order form for the temporary employee to give to the parking office.
- Time cards will be the temporary employee's responsibility. The supervisor should sign off on his/her timecard at the end of the week or assignment. The temp will then fax it to his/her employer.