The purpose of this Graduate Student Exchange Program is to enrich the course offerings of both institutions.
The requirements to participate are:
- You must be a degree-seeking student in good standing.
- The course that you propose to take at Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) must be one that is not offered at Marquette. The exceptions are:
- if the course is required for your degree
- if you intend to graduate at the end of the term in question, and
- if the course is not being offered during the term in question.
If all three of those conditions are met, then you may take the course at MCW even if Marquette does occasionally offer the same course.
- You must register at Marquette for the GRAD 6945 course that will reflect the course that you are taking at MCW.
Grad 6945 is a variable credit, variable title course that will show the same title and number of credits as the course that you are taking at MCW.
To register at Marquette for GRAD 6945, you must complete the appropriate 6945 registration form.
*Submission of the GRAD 6945 form will cause you to be manually registered at Marquette. You are unable to register for this course via CheckMarq.
You must get the approval of your adviser, the DGS in your department, or your department chair. The form should then be returned to the Graduate School. You must be manually registered for the course, and the Graduate School will do this for you.
- You must also contact MCW (Angela Gord firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 955-8218) to register as a Special Student. There will be no application fee and no supporting documents required.
- Once admitted to MCW, you must register at the other institution for the class that you intend to take. Ms. Gord can help you with registration.
- There is a limit of six (6) credits that may be taken at MCW and transferred into a Marquette degree program.
- Upon completion of the course at MCW, you must get a copy of your transcript that shows the grade that you received, and bring it to the Graduate School. The Graduate School will apply that grade to your Marquette GRAD 6945 course.
- MCW uses + and - grade. Those grades will be converted to the appropriate Marquette grades. For example, both an A- and a B+ will become an AB in the Marquette system.
- Because of differences in timing of the terms between Marquette and MCW, and because of the necessity of you getting a copy of your transcript, bringing it to the Graduate School, and having the grade applied to your Marquette record, the grade for GRAD 6945 will not be reflected on your Marquette end-of-term grade report. You will initially be given a grade of Incomplete, which will be changed to the appropriate grade once all of the administrative steps are completed. Because of this lag, you should be aware that if you take a course at MCW during the term of your graduation from Marquette, your graduation will be delayed.
- Tuition is paid at Marquette University.
If you have any other questions, please contact Erin Fox
or call (414) 288-7182.