- Apply Today
- Master's and Doctoral Programs
- Application Instructions
- Request Information
- Contact the Graduate School
- Schedule a Campus Visit
- Graduate Bulletin
- Graduate School Staff
- Contributing to the Graduate School
Midwest Catholic Schools Consortium
Information for University of Notre Dame, Loyola University, or Saint Louis University Students
Marquette University is a member of the Consortium of Midwest Catholic Graduate Schools, and participates in the Consortium's Exchange Program. The Consortium includes Marquette University, University of Notre Dame, Loyola University, and Saint Louis University. This program provides the opportunity for a degree-seeking graduate student in good standing at one of the participating universities to take course work at any of the other universities and apply earned credits toward degree requirements at the student's home university. The student is responsible for making financial arrangements at the home university but attends classes on a short-term basis at the host university.
Qualifications and Restrictions
In order to participate, the student is required to:
- be a degree-seeking student,
- have completed at least one full-time semester at their home institution and be in good academic standing; and
- complete the Midwest Catholic Schools Consortium Application for Admission to attend Marquette. (No application fee shall be charged).
Due to the paperwork involved and the number of approvals necessary, the student must begin the application process no later than July 1, November 1, or April 1 for the fall term, spring term, or summer term(s) respectively.
Ms. Sherri Lex (firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 288-7182), Assistant Director for Student Records, will provide the Registrar's Office or Graduate School, as appropriate at that institution, with a copy of the Midwest Catholic Schools Consortium Application for Admission. The Marquette University Graduate School will assist the student in becoming registered for the appropriate class. At the end of the term, Marquette University's Graduate School will send a copy of the student's transcript to the Registrar's Office or Graduate School at the home institution for posting on the student's permanent record.
Students at other participating institutions desiring to take a course at Marquette shall:
1. follow any specific instructions at their home institution;
2. obtain approval from their home institution;
3. complete a Midwest Catholic Schools Consortium Application for Admission, and forward the completed form to the Marquette University Graduate School.
Marquette University's Graduate School Contact
Mr. Carl P. Wainscott
Marquette University Graduate School
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
Phone (414) 288-5319
Fax (414) 288-1902