I attend another Catholic university. Can I take graduate level classes at Marquette for credit?

The consortium of Midwest Catholic Graduate Schools (MCGS) has established the protocol whereby a degree-seeking student at one university may take coursework at any of the other three universities to apply toward degree requirements at the home institution. Participating universities include:

With prior approvals, the student enrolls at the home institution and makes financial arrangements there, but attends classes, on a short-term basis, as a visiting student at the host university. Final grades are forwarded from the host to the home university for listing on the student's permanent record.


The following restrictions apply:

Requirements & Deadlines

To participate, a student must complete, for each course to be taken at a host institution, an Exchange Program enrollment form and must obtain required signatures of approval. Because of the paperwork involved and the number of approvals that must be obtained, the student must begin the inter-university visitation application process:

Interested students should contact the Graduate School Office for additional information and enrollment forms. 

Contact Us

The Graduate School, Holthusen Hall, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 1881
1324 W. Wisconsin Ave., Room 305
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
(414) 288-7137

Visit the contact page for more information