How do I apply for independent study?

Independent Study (6995) courses provide students the opportunity to study and investigate areas of interest not available through normal course offerings.

A 6995 course is taken on the recommendation of the student's adviser and with the approval of the department chairperson. An approval form, which must be completed for each 6995 course, is available online.

Normally, no more than six credits of 6995 course work can be included in a master's degree program; no more than nine credits in a doctoral program. 

Contact Us

The Graduate School, Holthusen Hall, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 1881
1324 W. Wisconsin Ave., Room 305
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
(414) 288-7137

Visit the contact page for more information