1324 W. Wisconsin Avenue
Activities: 4 to 6 p.m.
Presentation: 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Social: 7:30 to 8 p.m.
The Marquette University Graduate School hosted its orientation for incoming graduate students Thursday evening, August 25, 2016. We presented useful information on how to succeed in our graduate programs and identify many campus services available to students.
Presentations included: Graduate School and MU policies, library resources, IT services, general academic requirements, student organizations, student life, and campus resources.
Refreshments were offered prior to the presentations. Attendees had the chance to take a campus tour, get their ID cards, parking, and books, and visit informational booths. A social was held after the presentations.
Did you miss the Fall 2016 Orientation?
- Watch the presentations from 8/25/16 online.
- Follow along with this year's slide show, which was shown during the presentations.
- Scroll through informational slides that were shown in the venue prior to the presentation.
Fall 2016 Event Information
- 4 to 5 p.m. Get your books at neighborhood bookstores and your MU ID card in the Alumni Memorial Union's Union Station
- 4:15 to 5:15 p.m. Thirty-minute campus tours, starting in the Varsity Theatre lobby about every 15 minutes (last tour leaves at 5:15 p.m.)
- 5 to 6 p.m. Check-in, refreshments, informational booths, Parking passes - all in the Varsity Theatre lobby
- Program (6 to 7:30 p.m.) View Agenda
- Graduate Student Social (7:30 to 8 p.m.), hosted by Marquette University's Graduate Student Organization, scheduled to be held after the presentation.
- Information about parking, directions, and additional information for the event.
- Call the Graduate School at (414) 288-7137 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday for additional information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Orientation Opportunities
- The orientation hosted by the Graduate School is geared toward students from most graduate programs. It is not mandatory and it is very general in nature. Some, but not all, departments also offer program-specific orientations; check with your department for more information.
- Graduate School of Management students (accounting, business administration, economics, human resources) please visit the GSM online orientation website or call (414) 288-7145 for your orientation information.
- A mandatory orientation for international students is held each fall and spring term through the Office of International Education (OIE). Teaching Assistants are also required to participate in OIE's TA orientation. The International Teaching Assistant Program (ITAP) is mandatory for all new international Teaching Assistants. Please visit OIE's website for more information or call (414) 288-7289.