Marquette University works with an outside plan administrator to offer graduate students health insurance. Certain Marquette University graduate assistants and fellows, including some recipients of grant funding, will be eligible to a portion of the basic premium paid by Marquette University.
In 2013-14 Marquette University will contribute up to $1,133 toward a health insurance plan for qualified teaching assistants, research assistants, and university fellowship recipients (U.S. citizens, and international students). Students who qualify for this benefit were notified in their award letters. The policy dates of the plan for most full-time assistants are August 1, 2013 through July 31, 2014.
U.S. Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents
- Deadline for Accepting Insurance Plans: Students wishing to participate in the health insurance plan must notify the Graduate School by filling out, signing, and returning the Payroll Deduction Agreement form by July 8, 2013. See link below.
- Enrollment: The Graduate School will work directly with the insurance company to enroll all students who accepted the insurance policy. Students will not need to fill out enrollment forms unless they wish to add dependents or spouses.
- Insurance Cards: Insurance cards will be mailed to students’ addresses that were listed in CheckMarq on July 8, 2013. It is important that students update their addresses after July 8, 2013 by contacting the insurance company directly at (877) 249-7868. Temporary insurance cards will be available in the Graduate School.
- Links to 2013-14 Documents, Forms, and Information: A schedule of insurance premiums based on the category and term of the graduate assistantship, the deadlines to accept or decline the insurance benefit, and the form to authorize payroll deduction for the premiums. Costs, Deadlines, Payroll Deduction Agreement form PDF
- Policy Information: The plan brochure is available on the website of the Office of Risk Management in the Student Insurance section or here.
Information about health insurance for international students and the university’s contribution toward premiums can be found here.