Tuesday, May 28, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Responding to Rape:
Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Sexual Assault Intervention Workshop
A workshop hosted by the Gender and Sexuality Resource Center; the Departments of Educational Policy and Leadership Studies, Psychology, Political Science, Social and Cultural Sciences; the Associate Provost for Diversity and Inclusion and the Vice Provost for Research. What does it mean to achieve justice in cases of sexual assault? What does it mean to heal from sexual assault? How do sexual assault victims express their needs in the early moments of an intervention and how are counselors, legal personnel, and health care professionals prepared to respond to these needs? This workshop brings together practitioners in the field of sexual assault intervention and scholars from sociology, criminology, political science, social studies of science, and anthropology to foster conversations about the realities of sexual assault intervention. Attendees include:
- Deborah White, Sociology, Trent University, CANADA
- Lesley McMillan, Sociology & Criminology, Glasgow Caledonian University, SCOTLAND;
- Gethin Rees, Criminology, University of Southampton, ENGLAND;
- Rose Corrigan, Political Science and Law, Drexel University, Philadelphia, USA;
- Sameena Mulla, Anthropology, Marquette University;
- Heather Hlavka, Criminology and Law Studies, Marquette University;
- John Grych, Psychology, Marquette University
The purpose of this workshop is explore to the possibilities for improving services to sexual assault survivors at Marquette University and strengthening research priorities around sexual violence.
Location: Beaumier Suites, Raynor Memorial Library
Please contact email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> or 414-288-4975 with any questions.