A silent, preached retreat open to faculty and staff of all faith traditions and beliefs. Additional information can be found at http://www.mu.edu/faber/Fall2014Retreat.shtml Space is limited.
On-line registration begins Monday, September 22nd
We all know what “busy” means and it’s the busyness that’s often the reason for not taking the time to “retreat.” This retreat, designed for both beginners as well as those already immersed in their spiritual journey, invites us to slow down from the hectic pace of life, to take time for ourselves, our God and prayer. The schedule is flexible to accommodate your busy schedule! Register on-line by Wednesday, September 17,......... or call 288-4545 with any questions or for additional information.
- Opening Prayer Service: Monday, September 22, Noon -1:00 p.m., Chapel of the Holy Family, Alumni Memorial Union, 2nd floor
(Note: Attendance at the opening prayer service is highly recommended)
- Meet with a spiritual director weekly for 6 weeks
- Commit yourself to at least 15-30 minutes of prayer each day
- Closing Prayer Service: Monday, November 3, Noon -1:00 p.m., Chapel of the Holy Family
The Christian Season of Advent calls people to find hope in the midst of their stressful lives. It is a time of expectant waiting and preparation for the coming of our Lord. Join with the Faber Center and campus colleagues for a morning of reflection in preparation for the Gift that is Christmas. Register by Wednesday, December 3, at 288-4545 or FaberCenter@marquette.edu
- Friday, December 5, 2014 ~ Gesu Parish Center
- 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (with continental breakfast and lunch included)
- Retreat Director: Fr. J. J. O'Leary, S.J., Associate Director
- FREE! Supported by the Faber Center for Ignatian Spirituality
Silent Directed Retreat
Open to all members of the Marquette community. This six-say silent retreat is based on the retreat model offered by St. Ignatius of Loyola in the Spiritual Exercises. Along with a spiritual director to help process and guide the retreat, individuals will have freedom in forming the overall pattern of his or her retreat. As a silent, individual retreat, there are plenty of opportunities for personal prayer, reflection, rest, and time outdoors.
- Begins the evening of Monday, January 5, and ends after lunch on Saturday, January 10
- Co-sponsored by the Faber Center for Ignatian Spirituality and Campus Ministry
- Cost: $200.00 (subsidized by the Faber Center)
- Location: Redemptorist Retreat Center, Oconomowoc, WI
- For more information, contact Michael Dante at 288-5059 or email@example.com
The Faber Center offers the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius in a nine-month format (September – May). This transformative retreat brings faculty and staff into a profound encounter with God’s love and a deepening awareness of our response. If you are interested in participating in the retreat, which will start in Fall 2014, please contact Michael Dante at 288-5059 or firstname.lastname@example.org.