What can you do with a major in nursing?
Nursing major careers and jobs
Nurses are some of the most sought-after professionals around. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics calls overall job opportunities “excellent” for registered nurses. In fact, the nursing field is expected to be one of the fastest growing in the country, with a 22 percent increase in employment of registered nurses projected between now and 2018.
What can you do with a major in nursing? You can follow a variety of paths in the nursing field, including:
- Clinic nurse
- Community health nurse
- Critical care nurse
- Emergency room nurse
- Health-related sales
- Long-term care nurse
- Medical nurse
- Obstetrical nurse
- Occupational health nurse
- Operating room/recovery room nurse
- Parish nurse
- Pediatric nurse
- Psychiatric nurse
- Public health nurse
- Rehabilitation nurse
- School nurse
- Surgical nurse
Jobs for Nursing majors
After graduation, Marquette nursing majors work as hospital staff nurses, health care executives, advanced practice nurses and nurse researchers with places such as:
- Aurora Health Care Systems
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin (Milwaukee)
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps
- Milwaukee Health Department
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago)
- Portsmouth Naval Medical Center (Virginia)
- Visiting Nurse Association
- Wheaton Franciscan Health Care Systems
Additional resources on careers in nursing.
Visit the department that offers the major in nursing.