Nancy Long Pesiri Scholarship
Named after its benefactor, Nancy Long Pesiri, a 1951 graduate of Marquette’s College of Nursing, this scholarship program has been established to assist a student who shows great promise in the nursing profession. Special consideration will be given to meritorious, underrepresented students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
This scholarship is awarded once every four years to one incoming College of Nursing freshman and is renewable each year of a recipient’s four-year (eight semester) undergraduate program, provided the recipient remains a student in the College of Nursing and maintains a 3.0/B cumulative GPA. Eligibility for the award depends upon financial need as determined by completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For additional program details regarding this award review the applicable Award Information Guide, available from the Office of Student Financial Aid at marquette.edu/financialaid.
- Full tuition
- Feb. 15
General Selection Guidelines
- High school senior entering the College of Nursing
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in all college-prepartory courses
- Demonstrated leadership in curricular and extracurricular activities
- Interview required of finalists
- Demonstrated financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid