Scholarship competition fact sheet
Scholarship or award amount
- $250 to $2,500 (per semester) renewable scholarships
- Various on-campus competition dates
We anticipate the following student attendance at the competitions:
- Arts and Sciences, 800
- Business, 375
- Communication, 200
- Education, 100
- Engineering, 400
- Health Sciences, 350
- Nursing, 125
- Theatre arts, 20
- High school seniors
- Competitive examinations are given only on the dates listed
- Exam results are the only criteria for selection
- Can be added to a Père Marquette Award
- Students may compete for the competition only in the college into which they were admitted.
- The competitions are offered only on the Marquette campus, only on the days listed. There are no special examination times nor makeup examinations scheduled. You must be present to compete.
What's on the examination
Although the examinations vary by college, most consist of essay questions, problem solving exercises or mathematics problems. Most likely we'll ask you to defend or refute an essay or article or to provide some unique insight into a problem. View exam content by college.
Participation criteria and rules
- The scholarship competitions are open to all high school seniors interested in studying at Marquette University.
- To be eligible to receive one of these scholarships, you must have applied to Marquette by December 1.
- The competitions are offered only on the Marquette campus, only on the days listed. There are no special examination times nor makeup examinations scheduled.
Selection and awards
- Winners are selected entirely on the basis of how they perform at the competitions.
- The winner of a college scholarship must enroll in the sponsoring college to receive the award.
- Most scholarships are $2,500 for each of eight semesters. See individual college listings for details.
- The competitions are only held on the days listed on the registration form. There are no special examination times nor makeup examinations scheduled.
- The final determination of award winners and renewability criteria will be at the sole discretion of Marquette University. All relevant information will be communicated to the award winners.