College of Engineering laptop computer program
The College of Engineering curriculum reflects engineering education in the 21st century. This means using the latest computer technologies in teaching and learning so students are prepared for a future increasingly defined by digital technology and team-based workspaces. As a result, all engineering students are required to have a laptop computer.
Laptop computer system requirements
Marquette College of Engineering students will use advanced engineering software that requires specialized graphics cards not found in typical consumer laptops. You may order a pre-configured laptop from Paragon Development Systems (PDS). The Web address is www.pdspc.com/marquette. PDS offers 4-year next-business day on-site service and pre-installed Marquette engineering software.
- The following laptops are approved for purchase:
- HP EliteBook 8570w and EliteBook 8770w
- Lenovo ThinkPad T530 and ThinkPad W530
- Laptop advanced graphics cards are required. Some models include ATI FireGL, ATI FirePro, nVidia Quadro FX.
- Laptops must have Windows 7 or 8 32-bit or 64-bit installed.
- Some engineering software WILL NOT run on Mac OS X.
- A four-year warranty is highly recommended.
- A Cat-6 network cable and portable mouse are helpful.
- Microsoft Office 360 Universityis available to students at the academic-discounted price of $79.99 for a 4-year subscription. Purchase software online.
- Detailed information on the software required for each class will be available during the first week of the semester.
Detailed Laptop Requirements:
PDS Laptop Purchases:
College of Engineering Technology Services:
Phone: (414) 288-5140
In-Person: Haggerty Hall, Room 498