E-lead frequently asked questions
1. What is E-lead?
- E-Lead is a three-year program designed to prepare engineers to be leaders in today's changing technical world. For a more information, see our About page.
2. Why participate in the E-Lead program?
- Develop your leadership skills
- Build your professional network
- Gain practical leadership experience by shadowing industry leaders and making meaning of co-op, internship, research, and/or service experiences through the lens of various leadership frameworks.
- Complete a capstone project that creates significant change in a technical environment, earning up to $5,000 to implement the project.
- Be part of a community of engineering students committed to personal growth, leadership development, and making a difference in their personal and professional lives.
3. What is the time commitment?
4. How do I apply?
- You must be a second year full-time student. The application information is found on the Apply page.
5. What is the cost?
- At this time, there is no additional cost to students to participate in the E-Lead program, other than paying for tuition credits and textbooks. E-Lead pays for participants to attend a national leadership conference, travel to a national professional conference, travel for students to shadow industry leaders, and other fees associated with leadership style assessments, etc. In addition, students are eligible to have their capstone project funded up to $5,000 by a grant from the program. We estimate that the E-Lead program will invest more than $5,000 in each student’s leadership development education.