How to Apply
All engineering sophomore students are required to attend the GEEN 2952 - Professional Development for Engineers Class in the fall semester of their sophomore year at Marquette University.
The purpose of this class, taught by the Director of the Engineering Co-op Program, is to:
- Further career exploration by inviting practicing engineering professionals and current engineering students to discuss the diversified career paths and opportunities available to engineering graduates
- Discuss the value of getting practical engineering work experience prior to graduation
- Provide information about the Engineering Co-op Program, Co-op job opportunities, and explain Co-op job search procedures
- Discuss summer internships and job search techniques
- Provide information about interviewing techniques and resume and cover letter writing techniques
Eligibility Criteria for the Co-Op Program
- Full-time student status at Marquette University
- Indication of satisfactory progress toward a degree (i.e., students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0, but many employers require a GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Sophomore standing and/or is eligible to work a minimum of three alternating Co-op work terms (four work terms preferred)
- Although all students meeting the above requirements are eligible to apply to the Co-op Program, a number of the recruiting employers may require U.S. Citizenship or Intending Citizen status
Eligibility does not guarantee placement. Placement is competitive.