Saeed Karshenas, Ph.D., P.E.
Professor of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
Office: Haggerty Engineering, 259
Phone: (414) 288-3530
- System reliability analysis
- Construction safety
- Computer applications in construction
- Ph.D., 1981, Construction Engineering and Management, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.S., 1975, Structural Engineering, Tehran University
- B.S., 1974, Civil Engineering, Tehran University
Peer Reviewed Refereed Publications
- Niknam, Mehrdad, Karshenas, Saeed. "Construction Cost Estimating Using Semantic Web and Semantic Web Service Technologies." American Society of Civil Engineers. Reston, VA. United States. 2013.
- Karshenas, Saeed. "Discussion of "Educational Simulation in Construction: Virtual Construction Simulator"." Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering. ASCE. USA. 26. 6. 804 to 805. 2012.
- Karshenas, Saeed, Niknam, Mehrdad. ASCE International Workshop on Computing in Civil Engineering. ASCE. University of Southern California. "A Semantic Web Service Approach to Construction Cost Estimating." Academic. Accepted. December 2012.
- Karshenas, Saeed, Niknam, Mehrdad. ASCE International Workshop on Computing in Civil Engineering. ASCE. University of Southern California. "Ontology-based building information modeling." Academic. Accepted. December 2012.
- Karshenas, Saeed. ASCE Construction Research Congress. ASCE. Purdue University. "Developing a Serious Game for Construction Planning and Scheduling Education." Academic. Accepted. May 2012.