- Quantify hemodynamic and physiologic alterations as indices of morbidity after surgical or transcatheter treatments for congenital diseases
- Characterize interactions between altered hemodynamics associated with stent implantation, diabetes or atherogenesis and the development of neointimal hyperplasia
- Design and implement novel engineering devices and interventions for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, particularly in children
- Develop tools for predictive surgical or interventional treatment planning
Postdoctoral Scholar, 2004-06, Pediatric Cardiology, Stanford University
Ph.D., 2004, Biomedical Engineering, Marquette University
M.S., 2001, Biomedical Engineering, Marquette University
B.S., 2000, Biomedical Engineering, Marquette University
Selected recent publications (students and postdocs in bold)
- Arjun Menon, Thomas J. Eddinger, Hongfeng Wang, David C. Wendell, Jeffrey M. Toth, John F. LaDisa, Jr. Altered hemodynamics, endothelial function and protein expression occur with aortic coarctation and persist following repair. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2012 Dec;303(11):H1304-18.
- Timothy J. Gundert, Alison L. Marsden, Weiguang Yang, David S. Marks, John F. LaDisa, Jr. Identification of hemodynamically optimal coronary stent designs based on vessel diameter. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2012 July; 59(7):1992-2002.
- John F. LaDisa, Jr., C. Alberto Figueroa, Irene E. Vignon-Clementel, Hyun Jin Kim, Nan Xiao, Laura M. Ellwein, Frandics P. Chan, Jeffrey A. Feinstein, Charles A. Taylor. Computational simulations for aortic coarctation: representative results from a sampling of patients. J. Biomech. Eng. 2011 Sep;133(9):091008. doi:10.1115/1.4004996.
- Laura M. Ellwein, Hiro Otake, Timothy J. Gundert, Bon-Kwon Koo, Toshiro Shinke, Yasuhiro Honda, Junya Shite, John F. LaDisa, Jr. Optical coherence tomography for patient-specific 3D artery reconstruction and evaluation of wall shear stress in a left circumflex coronary artery. Cardiovasc Eng Tech. 2011 Sept; 2(3): 212-7.
- Timothy J. Gundert, Shawn C. Shadden, Andrew R. Williams, Bon-Kwon Koo, Jeffrey A. Feinstein, John F. LaDisa, Jr. A rapid and computationally inexpensive method for assessing patient-specific hemodynamic alterations introduced by commercially available and next-generation stents. Ann Biomed Eng. 2011 May; 39(5): 1423-37.