Master of Education in College Student Personnel Administration
The master of educational leadership in college student personnel administration (STPA) prepares graduate students for careers in a variety of student affairs settings, such as academic advising, career centers, student unions, international student services, multicultural affairs, orientation programs, residence life and student activities.
Marquette University’s mission as a Jesuit institution is to foster personal and professional excellence, promote a life of faith, and develop leadership expressed in service to others. The College of Education has a deep commitment to the development of practitioners who will demonstrate a commitment to social justice in their work.
Why STPA at MU?
- Marquette’s STPA program attracts academically-minded students interested in learning how theory relates to real world practice.
- Small cohorts enhance learning and ensure personal attention for each student.
- Faculty possess strong student affairs backgrounds and professional connections.
- Marquette University has a robust division of student affairs, and staff members who serve as teachers and mentors, supporting students’ learning and development.
- The MU campus is vibrant, with students populating the campus on both weekdays and weekends. With the city center just blocks away, there is always something to see or do.
- Assistantships and practica provide students with hands on experience to develop, implement, and refine the skills required for effective student affairs practice.
- With over 13 colleges in the metropolitan area, Milwaukee is a virtual learning laboratory for student affairs professionals.
- The culmination of students' coursework is a Capstone course, a theory-to-practice experience in which students are paired with student affairs units to integrate their learning and work on a vexing problem or issue.