Most Blessed Trinity Academy in Waukegan, IL Seeks Assistant Principal
[Back to COED Friends Employment Opportunities]
Position Description: Assistant Principal
The purpose of this position is to assist the principal in organizing and fostering a positive, Gospel-centered learning and teaching environment that challenges and meets the needs of all MBTA students. This includes supporting, encouraging, and mentoring staff and fostering rigor in the instructional program.
Most Blessed Trinity Academy
510 West Grand Avenue
Waukegan, Il. 60085
The position is full time and exempt. Archdiocesan personnel policies apply.
Includes possibility of transitioning to the principal position.
- Master’s or advanced degree in education-related field
- Appropriate administrative certification or evidence of progress toward certification
- Five or more years of teaching experience in elementary school
- Facility with spoken and written Spanish a plus
- Such other qualifications and academic, professional, and personal excellence as the school may need
- Social capability to relate warmly and respectfully within a racially and ethnically diverse community.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of groups.
- Flexibility and high tolerance for interruption of work in order to respond to needs of students or staff.
The Assistant Principal is accountable to the principal and participates with her in annual goal setting and performance evaluation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act in place of the principal in her absence.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding school personnel, students and their families, and general school matters.
- If this skill is in place, provide Spanish translation for communication with families, both written and oral, as needed.
- Write clear and effective reports and correspondence.
- Partner with principal at parent meetings, open houses, and other meetings as requested.
- Assist in selection and ordering of instructional materials.
- Organize and oversee scheduling for staff and students.
- Serve as liaison and provide for compliance with Waukegan and North Chicago Public School Districts regarding Title 1, Title II, and ELL government-funded programs.
- Assist K-8 teachers in developing, implementing and assessing Curriculum Maps.
- Manage the Terra Nova and Explore testing programs.
- Manage curriculum and textbook adoption committees.
- Assist in interviewing and selecting new faculty and staff.
- Support and assist in implementing our school-wide discipline program with an emphasis on building up the community, helping students learn good communication and problem-solving skills, and accept responsibility for their decisions.
- Assist in maintaining faculty and staff files regarding professional development, compliance with Protection of Children requirements, and record of absences.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
Contact: Sr. Erica Jordan – Principal
WANT MORE NEWS & UP TO DATE JOB ANNOUNCEMENTS?