Summer Bridge Program
MARQ Your Path’s Summer Bridge Program is a series of events that occur in conjunction with Marquette’s New Student Orientation. The Summer Bridge Program is for new participants only and aims to prepare them for all aspects of college life. The program supports new participants’ transition to the Marquette campus and familiarizing them with the services available to them through the Office of Disability Services and MARQ Your Path.
Past MARQ Your Path’s Summer Bridge Program have included the following sessions:
- Open House – Both participants and parents are given the opportunity to meet MYP staff, mentors and other participants, as well as become introduced to the space and all that it offers.
- Transition Workshops – Both participants and parents are invited to attend to learn more about the sometimes difficult transition from High School to college and the role of legislation in this transition.
- Peer Advising – Participants are given a chance to sit down with upperclassmen from their college to discuss everything from professors to classes to college life.
- Marquette Technology – Learn more about the various programs that Marquette uses, and participants are likely to use on a daily basis, including EMarq, CheckMarq and D2L.
- Accommodation Meeting Sign-up – Participants are guided through the process of setting up an accommodation meeting with Heidi Vering in the Office of Disability Services. This is just one of many required steps that students must take in order to receive the accommodations they need.
- Mentor Program Introduction – Students who have signed up for the mentor program will meet their mentor and go on a ‘getting to know you’ outing.
All Summer Bridge Events wil take place in the MARQ Your Path programming space, located on the 5th Floor of the 707 Buliding.
Wednesday, August 21st:
Transition from High School to College Meet & Greet - 1:30-2:30pm
Thursday, August 22nd
Participant Breakfast - 9:00-9:45
Participant Drop In Hours- 1:30-4:00
Friday, August 23rd
MYP Program Orientation & Accommodation Meeting Sign-up - 1:30-2:15
MYP Mentor Program Participants will also participate in a Mentor Meetup Outing from 5:00-7:30pm on Friday, August 23rd.