LinkedIn is a social networking website for people in professional occupations.
It is possibly THE most important tool in your job search tool box.
Career Services now offers a LinkedIn PhotoBooth! The LinkedIn Photo Booth is provided as a free service to Marquette University students, alumni, faculty, and employees only. Learn more!
LinkedIn for Students
A collection of resources and videos informing students of the benefits of a LinkedIn profile and presence, and an ideal way to help students get started!
Create LinkedIn Profile at http://www.linkedin.com
LinkedIn is a social networking site for people in professional occupations. It is possibly THE most important tool in your job search toolbox.
- Photo: Adding a professional-looking photo makes it seven times more likely you'll be found in searches
- Headline: Stand out with a keyword-rich headline that describes how you want to be known on LinkedIn
- Summary: Write a brief summary describing your professional background and aspirations
- Experience: List all the jobs you've held, along with brief descriptions of each role
- Tip: Your current position (for students: include STUDENT and major plus any internship, leadership, activity, or career-related position)
- Education: Add all the schools and colleges you've attended
- Skills and expertise: Add at least five key skills to your profile
- Recommendations and endorsements: Get recommendations and endorsements from former colleagues,
clients, managers, and classmates
- Location and industry: Add your industry and ZIP code so recruiters looking for candidates like you can find you
- URL: Customize your profile URL and put it on your website, resume, email signature, and business cards to drive traffic to your LinkedIn profile
- Privacy settings: Control what others see about you and what types of notifications are sent out
- Add email addresses: Add all your email addresses to avoid accidentally losing access to your account
- Add contacts: Grow your network by searching your email contacts and finding people you may know
- Search jobs: Find jobs by keyword, title, company, postal code, function, industry, years of experience,
and date posted using advanced search
- Join groups: Search for groups relevant to your professional interests: alumni groups, industry groups,
geographic groups, and more
- Access our MUCSC Group on LinkedIn
- Access the Marquette University Alumni Association (MUAA) Group on LinkedIn
- Connect with Marquette Alumni for Career Networking on the CIRCLES eMentor Network
- Lindsey Pollak, best selling career advice author and LinkedIn spokesperson's website:
- Sign up for a free weekly tutorial on how to use LinkedIn for your job search!