Career-related experience is a great way to:
- Acquire professional work experience related to one’s academic major or career interest.
- Apply theories learned in the classroom to the workplace.
- Develop a better understanding of the professional demands and requirements of a particular career field.
- Gain confidence in making the transition from the academic atmosphere to the world of work.
Here you can find a step-by-step guide to career-related experience!
Make an appointment with a career counselor to assist you in making a plan as you move through each step.
- Schedule Your Career Counseling Appointment for a career check-in
- Revisit Your Occupational Targets
- Activate Your MU Career Manager Account
- Write Your Professional Resume and Cover Letter
- Develop Your Professional Network and Join LinkedIn
- Conduct Career Research: Employer Organizations
- Develop Your Target List: Employer Organizations
- Attend Career Fairs and Networking Events
- Create Your Elevator Pitch
- Develop Your Interviewing Skills
- Build Your Career Wardrobe
- Develop The Art of Professionalism
NEXT STEP: Post Graduate Job Search | Post Graduate Education | Post Graduate Service