“I like teaching at Marquette University College of Professional Studies because, even though the students come from varied backgrounds and life experiences, all are enthusiastic about taking on the challenges of the classroom.”
Stephanie Christopher, M.A.
- CMST 1000: Introduction to Communication
- Marquette University, M.A. Communication
- Pacific Lutheran University, B.A. Communication
- Clinical Research Coordinator II, Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research, Medical College of Wisconsin (2006-present)
- Adjunct Faculty, Marquette University J. William and Mary Diederich College of Communication (2007-present)
- Teaching Assistant, Marquette University J. William and Mary Diederich College of Communication (2004-2006)
- Christopher, S.A. The relationship between nurses' religiosity and willingness to let patients control the conversation about end-of-life care. Patient Education and Counseling, 2009.
- Deuster, L., Christopher, S., Donovan, J., Farrell, M. A Method to Quantify Residents' Jargon use during Counseling of Standardized Patients about Cancer Screening. Journal of General Internal Medicine, December 2008, Vol. 23, Number 12, 1947-1952.
- Grow, J.M. and Christopher, S.A. Breaking the Silence Surrounding Hepatitis C by Promoting Self-Efficacy: Hepatitis C Public Service Announcements. Qualitative Health Research.
- Christopher, S.A. Utilizing Technology: Making Use of Agency to Promote the Act Rhetorical Questions. 2001; 31-38.
Posters and Presentations
- Farrell, M.H. and Christopher, S.A. Multidisciplinary team for a low cost statewide study of communication after newborn screening. Invited presentation at the Pediatric Behavioral Health Conference: Building Networks for Interdisciplinary Collaboration at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, February 22, 2008.
- Christopher, S.A. The impact of nurses' religiosity on their willingness to relinquish relational control in conversation with patients about end-of-life care. Poster at the American Academy on Communication in Healthcare 2007.
- Donovan J., Deuster L., Christorpher S.A. Farrell MH. "Precautionary Empathy" by Child Health Providers after Newborn Screening. Poster at the American Academy on Communication in Healthcare at International Conference on Communication in Healthcare 2007.