"I value teaching adult learners because they bring a wealth of life and work experiences to the classroom. This richness helps teach other students and aids in my own personal and professional growth.I never cease to be amazed by what they have already accomplished and where they plan to go with their education. It is a privilege to work, grow and learn along side them."
Lisa Youretz, M.Ed.
- PRST 3986 Internship in Professional Studies
- Carroll College, M.Ed. Adult Education specialization(2002)
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, B.A. Psychology with a minor in English (1991)
- NACADA (National Academic Advising Association)
- WACADA (Wisconsin Academic Advising Association)
- MACIC (Milwaukee Area Colleges & Universities Internship Consortium)
- WWHEL (Women in Higher Education & Leadership)
- Bryant & Stratton College Business Advisory Board Member (2008-2010)
- Certificate of completions, online facilitation training and teaching, Marquette University Center of Teaching and Learning
Presentations and Publications
- Academic Advising Today (2008, June), volume 31, no. 2, p. 7. Classroom Advising: Adapting the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), National Academic Advising Association (NACADA).
- 2007 National NACADA Conference, Baltimore, MD. Topic: Development and administration of interactive advising site utilizing an online course management system
- 2005 National NACADA Conference, Las Vegas, NV. Topic: Advising adult learners
- 2001 National CAAHE (Consortium for the Advancement of Adult Higher Education) Conference, Aquinas College, Nashville, TN. Topic: Electronic advising (e-advising)
- 2000 National NACADA Conference, Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL. Topic: Stress management
- 1998 WACADA Conference, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI. Topic: Strategies of working with problem students
- Alverno College Advising Department (1998). Generating learning and action principles in role and context: A discussion by professional staff advisors. Milwaukee, WI: Alverno College Institute.
- 1997 Midwest Regional NACADA Conference, Purdue University, Indianapolis, IN. Topic: Strategies of working with problem students
Awards & Honors
- State of Wisconsin Academic Advising Excellence Recipient (2008)
- Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society