Paul McInerny, Ph.D.
Paul McInerny is the Associate Athletic Director for Engagement & External Affairs at Marquette and is a past recipient of the M Club’s Hy Popuch Memorial Award for service to Marquette athletics. Prior to entering the field of education, he enjoyed a successful two-year sports journalism career in North Dakota. He has since been an adjunct teacher at two universities and has been published in a number of academic journals.
- Introduction to Sports Leadership
- Marquette University, Ph.D., Foundations of Education
- Southern Illinois University, M.S., Journalism
- Marquette University, B.A., Psychology
- Book Review. Clemente Lisi’s A History of the World Cup, Journal of Sport History, vol. 39, no. 1 (Spring 2012), pp 184-185.
- "Nicholas Murray Butler, James McKeen Cattell, and the Educational Review: Footnote to a Famous Feud," Perspectives on the History of Higher Education, vol. 26, 2007, pp. 129-146.
- "A Sporting Chance: Athletic fundraising means more than foam fingers and tailgate parties," Currents: Council for Advancement and Support of Education, vol. XXXIV, no. 3, March 2008, pp. 11-12.
- "Roman Catholic Education," The American Midwest: An Interpretive Encyclopedia, gen. eds, Sisson, Zacher, Clayton, Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2007, pp. 864-886.
- "The Student-Managed Investment Fund at the High School Level," The Clearing House: A Journal of Educational Strategies, Issues & Ideas, vol. 76, no. 5, May/June 2008, pp. 252-254.
- "Ethics Throughout the Curriculum," Public Relations Quarterly, vol. 42, no. 4, Winter 1997-98, pp. 44-47.
- "The Public Relations Curriculum and the Academic Minor," Journalism Educator, vol. 49, no. 4, Winter 1995, pp. 31-35.
- Intercollegiate athletics
- Development of athletics as academic discipline
- History of Marquette athletics
- Adjunct Instructor, Marquette University College of Professional Studies
- Associate Athletic Director for Engagement & External Affairs, Marquette University (2005 - Present)
- President, Dominican High School (1995 - 2005)
- Senior Advancement Office, Director of Media Relations and Publications, Publications Manager and Public Relations Specialist, Marquette University (1976 - 1995)
- News Editor, The Jamestown Sun (1974 - 1976)
Other University Affiliations
- Adjunct Lecturer, Caroll College (2002, 2007)
- Lecturer, College of Communication, Marquette University
(1980, 1990 - 1995)
- Continuing Education Faculty, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Division of Outreach and Continuing Education (1987 - 1988)
- Board of Directors, Catholic Memorial High School (2010)
- Education Committee, Catholic Memorial High School (2006 - 2010)
- Board of Directors, Milwaukee Catholic Press Apostolate, Archdiocese of Milwaukee (1998 - 2006)
- Member, Marquette University Alumni Association National Board
(2002 - 2005)
- Advisory Board, Cardinal Stritch University's Leadership Center
(2003 - 2005)
- Board of Directors and Past President, M Club, alumni varsity letter winners, Marquette University (1984 - 1999). Received Hy Popuch Award for service to intercollegiate athletics (1996).
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee School Accreditation Review Team for Holy Family Elementary School, Whitefish Bay, WI (1997)
- Life Member, Southern Illinois University Alumni Association
(1990 to present)