The campus community is celebrating the season of Lent in some very concrete ways. During this Springtime for the Soul, join us in observing some of the following opportunities.
Lenten prayer opportunities
- Prayer Wall Members of the campus community are invited to write prayers of petition on the prayer wall outside the Chapel of the Holy Family. The wall will be up during Lent as a way to help unify our Lenten journey during this season of prayer.
- Morning Prayer Join us each Thursday of the Lenten Season at 8:30 am in the Chapel of the Holy Family to celebrate this brief prayer.
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament Spend time in quiet prayer with the community each Tuesday between 8:00 am and 10:00 pm in the Schroeder Hall Chapel.
- Fish Fry Outings & Reflection On selected Fridays this Lent, join fellow students to local parishes around Milwaukee for some hearty fish and fellowship. Before leaving, there will also be an opportunity to reflect on our journeys in Lent as a group beginning at 4:30 pm. Afterward, around 5:15 pm, groups will depart off-campus for dinner. Join us on the following dates:
- Friday, February 27, Ignatian Examen 4:30 5:15 pm Fish Fry to follow until 7 pm
- Friday, March 20, Stations of the Cross 4:30 5:15 pm Fish Fry to follow until 7 pm
- Friday, March 27, Ignatian Examen 4:30 5:15 pm Fish Fry to follow until 7 pm
- Celebration of the Sacrament of Reconciliation The community will gather and celebrate the sacrament of reconciliation on Monday, March 23 at 7:00 pm in the Church of the Gesu.
Here are some Fasting suggestions for the season:
- Fast from judging others, feast on the Christ dwelling in them
- Fast from emphasis on differences, feast on our oneness
- Fast from the darkness around us, feast on the light of Christ
- Fast from thoughts of illness, feast on the healing power of God
- Fast from words that pollute us, feast on words that purify
- Fast from withholding anger, feast on sharing feelings
- Fast from idle gossip, feast on spreading good news
- Fast from pessimism, feast on optimism
- Fast from worry, feast on trust
- Fast from guilt, feast on freedom
- Fast from complaining, feast on appreciation
- Fast from stress, feast on self-care
- Fast from hostility, feast on letting go
- Fast from bitterness, feast on forgiveness
- Fast from selfishness, feast on compassion
- Fast from discouragement, feast on hope
- Fast from apathy, feast on enthusiasm
- Fast from suspicion, feast on seeing the good
- Fast from being so busy, feast on quiet silence
- Fast from talking, feast on listening
- Fast from discontent, feast on gratitude
Each Sunday, check out the worship aid from Mass to see how the community will be invited to fast.
Stop by campus ministry to drop off your donation (or alms from not buying that cup of coffee) anytime during the season of Lent. Here are the campus goals for the 40 days:
- Catholic Relief Services Rice Bowl - $2,000.00
You can see our progress each week outside campus ministry.