In order to apply for the Manresa Scholar program you must meet the following criteria:
Criteria for Applicants:
- Be a current full-time sophomore or junior in status at Marquette University.
- Have a 3.0 minimum overall GPA.
- Have demonstrated leadership in ministry-related and service activities on the high school, college, and parish or congregation level.
- Have a desire to explore and discern their vocation through experiences of Christian ministry and service.
- Seek a more in-depth experiences of Ignatian Spirituality and discernment.
- Be able to step away from other commitments in order to make participation in this program a priority. Leadership roles in other organizations or serving as an RA are strongly discouraged so as to enable students to serve fully in their capacity as a Manresa Scholar.
During the academic year, Manresa Scholars will be required to:
- Complete 8-10 hours per week at site - inclusive of prep time, transportation, and meeting with supervisor.
- Participate in the following:
- 2 hour weekly meetings for discussion and reflection with fellow Scholars.
- 2-3 hours of reading and reflection per week.
- Monthly individual spiritual direction.
- Monthly meeting with Program Coordinator.
- An annual weekend retreat and day of reflection.
- Leadership role in at least one other on-campus Ignatian and discernment program.
If you fulfill these requirements, and would like to apply to be a Manresa Scholar,