What we do
The Institute for Catholic Leadership applies our Catholic heritage to expand the vision and effectiveness of Catholic institutions by engaging leaders in personal and professional development.
- We assist Catholic institutions locally, regionally and nationally in strengthening their missions, Catholic identity; leadership and governance structures; and pathways toward excellence and operational vitality.
- We interpret and apply research, best practices and innovative strategies within the context of Catholic institutions to ensure their continued growth, development and fidelity to mission.
- We provide a channel through which Marquette faculty, administrators and staff can share their expertise with Catholic institutions.
- We support and provide training and consultative services to Catholic leaders through large-scale conferences, targeted workshops and individualized consultative experiences.
- We recruit and develop the next generation of Catholic leaders to enhance the leadership skills of current Catholic institutional personnel.
- We develop a research base for Catholic leaders by providing opportunities for empirical and theoretical research, enhancing the effectiveness of Catholic institutions and the integration of religious mission and practical knowledge.
- We participate in local, regional and national efforts with other Catholic institutions of higher learning — the Greater Milwaukee Catholic Education Consortium, Catholic Higher Education Supporting Catholic Schools and the Department of Chief Administrators of Catholic Education — to support Catholic schools.