The deadline for applications is February 1, 2016 for consideration for the Health Sciences Summer Research Program.
The program is highly selective. GPA, prior research experience and demonstration of a strong commitment to and interest in biomedical research will be evaluated.
How to Apply:
Applications for the 2016 summer program may be obtained HERE and submitted online.
Note that you cannot save your application and complete it later. The entire application must be filled out and submitted at one time.
Before you start your application, be sure you have these things ready:
- A prioritized list of prospective mentors identified by exploring the participating faculty mentor page. We encourage you to contact a potential mentor prior to applying to discuss your interests and potential fit so that you may make an informed choice. Qualified applicants who do not list a preference for a mentor or who identify mentors with no available positions will be assigned to a mentor by the selection committee.
- A personal statement (500 words maximum) describing: 1) your interests in biomedical research; 2) your career goals; 3) how you feel that participation in the program will help you achieve your career goals; and 4) why you feel that you are qualified to participate in the program.
- Name and contact information for 2 people who can serve as references
(we will contact these references only if needed)
Successful applicants will be selected by a committee comprised of participating faculty mentors.
- February 1, 2016: Online applications due
- Mid-late February: Applications are reviewed and will continue until all positions are filled. Qualified applicants may be contacted by prospective mentors for secondary interviews.
- March: Students are notified of acceptance or their application status into the program. Transcripts may be requested at this time. Successful applicants are required to confirm via email to Ms. Hollenkamp of their intent to participate in the program within 1 week of notification of acceptance into the program.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact:
Department of Biomedical Sciences
Schroeder Complex 480A