Requirements for Application
Applications are now being accepted for the 2015-2016 academic year for students planning to pursue a Ph.D. degree. Students are expected to have demonstrated academic excellence in both the classroom and the laboratory and should have an undergraduate background in a neuroscience-related discipline (e.g., biology, biomedical sciences, biochemistry, biological psychology, biomedical engineering).
Important Neuroscience Application Instructions:
The Graduate School accepts only online applications for admission. When completing your application:
- Indicate NEUROSCIENCE as your "Program of Interest"
- Select Doctoral (PhD) under "Academic Status"
- Enter your "Entry Term and Year"
*Note that while there is no
deadline for applications, most of our incoming students are admitted for the
fall term. Applications are reviewed starting in mid-December.
Applications must include the following:
- Marquette University Graduate School Application for Admission
- Undergraduate Transcripts (and postgraduate transcripts if applicable)
- Graduate Record Examination scores (general test)
- A personal statement. Outline your future scientific and career goals and explain how our graduate program fits within these goals. Be as specific as possible, mentioning specific research laboratories or courses of study, as appropriate.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Test of English as foreign language (TOEFL) scores (for applicants from non-English speaking countries) or other acceptable proof of English proficiency.
- It is recommended that applications are received by December 15th
All students in the neuroscience specialization are supported by fellowships or teaching assistantships including a full 12-month stipend plus tuition and fees.
If you have questions specific to the Neuroscience Specialization in the Biological Sciences Graduate Program, please contact:
Dr. SuJean Choi
Phone: (414) 288-4533
Request more information