• Dr. Michael Schläppi is featured in a local magazine; department staff are honored for service milestones; and the Petrella lab reflects on recent conference presentations. Read more.
• A curriculum overhaul in 1969 introduces MU Biology's unique stand-alone lab courses. Read more.
• Developmental biologist Dr. Stephen Downs came to MU in 1987.
• Dr. Robert Thomson (1960-1992) advocated for student advising, and was known as an outstanding educator.
• Highlights of department facultys' recent accomplishments. Read more.
• The Biological Undergraduate Society has already held two events this fall; the Plant Biology class is conducting service learning activities; and some undergraduate courses are experimenting with a new format for exams. Read more.
• Welcome to our seven new undergraduate students and congratulations to four August Ph.D. graduates. Read more.
• Dr. Larry Dick has applied his 1980 Biology degree to a career in drug discovery.
• Dr. Kerry McDonald earned his Ph.D. in 1992 in the Fitts lab, and now focuses his research on cardiac muscle cells.
• Alumni Happenings.
We want to stay in touch! Please send any updates, personal or professional, to the newsletter editor: email@example.com